Friday, January 27, 2012

10 Day Challenge, Day 5

Day 5: Pattern Mixing

Before today, I had never pattern mixed. I don't have many patterned items in my closet, so this was a challenge. Most of my tops are pretty plain, but I do have a strange love for plaid and striped pants.
my collection of patterned pants

To make the pattern mixing challenge work for me, I wore my blue plaid pants with a striped shirt, then added the scarf and hat for fun.


Shirt - Kohls, $6
Vest - Kohls, free with gift card
Pants - Abercrombie (old)
Earrings - Family Dollar, $0.25
Necklace - history museum, $1
Belt - taken from Mom's DI pile
Scarf and Hat - made by me c. 1997
Boots - $13


Close up of the patterns that I mixed:


This pattern mixing outfit is part of the Winter Challenge by Freckles in April.

Freckles in April

4 comments:

  1. Cute. The subtle pattern mixing is lovely, and those pants are seriously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun - love all the clean lines!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome trousers! And I love the hat and scarf combo :)

    Say
    eighteenthofmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix of patterns! I'm hosting an ABC's of Style challenge and would love you to link up whenever you can! http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete