Wednesday, January 25, 2012

10 Day Challenge, Day 3


Day 3: Embrace a Trend

Today I broke my own rule: the rule of wearing what I want. After I put on this outfit, I didn't love it. I have had this animal print shirt for ten years, and have never found a good way to wear it. I've tried it with blazers, with black, with brown, with pants and with skirts, all to no avail. Today, despite its glitter, I paired it with casual cargo pants and an oversized cardigan. Still, I don't care for it. This apparently isn't the trend for me. I should have stuck with colorblocking, one that I have tried so many times it hardly seems like a trend anymore.


Shirt - JC Penney (from high school)
Cardigan - Ross (old)
Pants - Old Navy, thrifted for $0.50
Necklace and Earrings - the county fair, $3
Hair Flower - I made it
Boots - Ross, $13

The hair flower is the only part of my outfit that I did like. Does that count as any sort of a trend?

Tomorrow's challenge by Freckles in April, to channel someone, should be a fun one to try.

Freckles in April

4 comments:

  1. If I saw you on the street I wouldn't have ever thought that your outfit didn't work. I do really like the flower in your hair, though, and I think that, if you like it, it totally counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 cent pants! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pants for fifty cents! I think that means you win at life.

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete