Monday, January 23, 2012

10 Day Challenge, Day 1

Hi! I'm Courtney. I've been reading a lot of these fashion blogs for awhile now, and have wanted to give it a try myself. When I saw Freckles in April's 10 day challenge, I wanted to participate, but had no outlet to let others' see my outfits. So, I'm making it a double challenge
  • To follow April's prompts for ten days
and
  • To blog for my first ten days ever
I wear what I want, sometimes to the chagrin of my husband and mother. In my clothes I sometimes stick out in my small Utah town as much as I stuck out as a punk in high school. But, when I wear what I want I have the confidence I otherwise lack and it gives my inner costume designer / theatre geek an outlet.

So, without further ado, here is

Day 1: LAYERS



T-shirt - Kohls, gift
button-down - Ward clothing exchange, free
cardigan - JC Penney (from high school)
belt - Ross, came with dress
jeans - Kohls, $6
socks - gift
Chucks - (from high school)
necklace - Honks dollar store, $1
beads - Claires, $1

This outfit was a stretch for me because I usually don't wear more than one necklace at a time or wear 3/4 sleeves over long sleeves, even though both of them are black(so not very noticeable today).

The headband is a belt that came with the button-down shirt. I always think it disappears when I wear it with the shirt, so I thought I'd try it up top instead.


This is the first time I have ever worn this sock/shoe/tucked in pant combination. I've always loved the fuzzy texture of the socks, but have never shown them off before.

I'm looking forward to the monochromatic scheme tomorrow, and I hope you will join me in Wearing What I Want.

Freckles in April

1 comment: