Saturday, February 18, 2012

Flapper Fun

Saturday night was our stake Valentines dance, and the theme was Broadway Glitz.  There was a dinner, a Broadway song review, a photo booth, and a dance.  The posters all said Sunday dress, but if past years were any indication, there would be people there in everything from jeans to prom dresses.  Not wanting to wear a Sunday skirt, but afraid that I would stand out a little too much in neck-to-floor glitter, I opted for my old flapper-inspired dress.  I got on Youtube, took a video refresher on how to dance the Charleston, and headed off to the event in this:

Dancing the Charleston

Again with the Charleston

My best Flapper pose

Loving the fringe!
 Dress: JC Penney, also worn to Junior Homecoming Dance
Shirt: PacSun, $4
Tights: JC Penney, old
Shoes: thrifted, $2
Headband: made by me
Necklace: Paparazzi Jewelry, $5
Bracelets: Dollar Store, $0.50

Here's the blog debut of my wonderful husband:
 

Happy Valentine's Day! (a little late but better than never)

No comments:

Post a Comment