Thursday, February 2, 2012

10 Day Challenge, Day 9; N is for Neon and Neutrals

Day 9: Group Open to Interpretation

I have two toddlers.  Skirts on a weekday usually just don't work for me.  I love the Open to Interpretation picture, but had to very much rework it to make it fit my lifestyle.  The tan sweater was something I could easily replicate, then I used the skirt color from the inspiration photo as my shirt.  I added some bright jewelry to fit the neon requirement from My Greatest Hits, and here's the result:



 Shirt - unknown, old
Cardi - JC Penney, old
Jeans - Rue 21 from Ross, $10
Shoes - Smith's Marketplace, free with rewards points
Necklace and earrings - Dollar store, $1


Here's a close up of the neon jewelery - $1 for the set! Few fashion buys make me happier than when I can find fun jewelry at the Dollar Store.


Check out Freckles in April to see other interpretations of the outfit:

Freckles in April

I'm also linked up with:

IMG_4680-1

9 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm much more comfy in jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Love that sweater - I'm a sucker for a comfy hoodie like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute outfit. Love the beaded necklace. Great interpretation on both fronts.

    Messy Jess C.
    http://messyjessc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jewelry is so fun! It could brighten up an outfit! And oh my goodness, that hoodie is so cute and so perfect for winter. It's awesome.

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation, and I never even thought to buy jewelry at the dollar store! I don't know why, because I've probably bought just about everything else there...Now I will definitely have to be on the look out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Love the way you layered this!

    ox from NYC!
    -davie+erica

    http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by!

    Btw, I'm loving that necklace! So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reworking the inspiration is totally the point! I love that you made it work for your life. Very nice.

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete
  9. That necklace is actually pretty cute! Yeah dollar store!

    ReplyDelete